Thursday, April 21, 2011

Death of a Salesman

My cousin is a great cellphone salesman. He is always putting up amazing numbers and outselling his coworkers.

I could never do that. I would probably give them away. I asked him how he does it. Why can he put up amazing numbers when others can’t?

He said, “I know the phones, and share them with the customer. I know what every phone can and can’t do. If someone has a question, I have an answer.” He continued, “if you know something well and are excited about it, people will buy it.”

Duh <--was my internal response. Of course, this is what the Gospels have been saying for 2,000 years. Jesus knew the Father. He shared Him with the first believers and they couldn't get enough. The first believers knew Jesus, shared him with others, and they couldn’t get enough of the Son.

It’s still the same today. If you know Jesus, and share him with others, people will want him. How many of us take the time to get to know Him? Do we know Him inside and out?

One day we will hear 1 of 2 things. Well done, good and faithful servant..or Depart from me. I never knew you. People aren’t judged for their lack of service, but it matters whether we know Him or not.

1 comment:

  1. Amen! Jesus is exciting!! Especially realizing what He did which we are celebrating this weekend, Easter. HE IS ALIVE!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete