Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Devotion for Wednesday June 29, 2011




Yet indeed I also count all things loss for the excellence of the
knowledge of Christ Jesus my Lord, for whom I have suffered the loss
of all things, and count them as rubbish, that I may gain
Christ...that I may know Him and the power of His resurrection, and
the fellowship of His sufferings, being conformed to His death
(Philippians 3:8 & 10 NKJV).


Keep first things first. Jesus is the First, and He is the Last. He is
the source of our Life, and He is that Life. It's easy to forget about
Him. He rarely forces Himself into our lives.

Relationship is central to the message of Jesus. We are called into an
intimate conversation with Him. Conversing with God is the chief way
that we can interact with Him.

Take a risk today. Talk to God, and listen for a response. Listen for
His voice. He may speak or He may not. But remember, He isn't a liar
and won't contradict His Word. He probably won't tell you what shirt
to wear or what type of tooth paste to buy. He also won't direct you
to sin, but He can definitely speak.

Father, I love You. I would like to know You better. I'd like to hear
Your voice, and know where You are leading me. Please speak to me, I
am listening. In Jesus name, Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment