Monday, July 4, 2011

Devotion for Monday July 4th, 2011

And they overcame him by the blood of the Lamb, and by the word of their testimony; and they loved not their lives unto the death. (Rev 12:11 KJV) 

A Persian Christian was being threatened with torture and loss of  property. He could avoid it all if he would just worship the Sun once.  He refused and told his captors that, "Even the Sun mourned when its creator died on the cross."

Persecution against Christians is not new, and it hasn't stopped. Christianity is diametrically opposed to this world's systems.  You may suffer persecution, but Christ suffers with you. Persecution comes from living for and like Jesus, and it is an honor. Find your strength in Him.

"The blood of the Martyrs is the seed of the church." Tertullian.


Father, may I live my life completely for you. When persecution comes, may I stand strong. May I recognize that you are with me. In Jesus Name, Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment